50 things to do in Kraków
Cracow Life recently produced a list of 50 things to do when in Kraków (click here to see the list). I've managed a few of them. See how I've managed below. There is still some 'work' to be done.
2. Have a run around Blonia
(have cycled round it, managing to lap the runner I'd gone with several times. The temperature was just above freezing),
3. Have a sneak drink of cheap wine at Wisla bank.
(I haven't done any illegal drinking in Kraków, must try harder)
4. Have a picnic on Krakus Mound
(I have walked to the top of the mound, even though I don't like heights)
5. Ride a bike/take a boat cruise to Tyniec Abbey
(done, cycled there many times over)
6. Dance at the Jewish Culture Festival
(was there, but didn't dance)
7. Visit Singer after 1 a.m.
(went there after midnight, so this counts I suppose)
8. Smoke a pipe at Vis-a-Vis (aka Zwis)
(it would seem that you can no longer smoke shisha there, so went elsewhere)
9. Eat some cheesecake at Dym
(been to Dym, only beer was on the menu for me)
10. Watch a film at Kino pod Baranami
(saw "12 Years A Slave", it was screened in a room that seats under 40 people and the screen is only slightly bigger than the one at home)
11. Visit a flea market at Hala Targowa on Sunday morning and have a luch in a milk bar in Grzegorzecka St.
(flea market visited)
12. Visit a hounted burgher house at Dietla 44 at night.
13. Eat some roast kielbasa from the blue van at Hala Targowa.
(nope, the queues are usually too long)
14. Run in the New Year's Eve dress-up marathon.
15. Hang out in Alchemia
(Haven't been there since it was Nic Nowego, been for dinner in the attached restaurant next door many times though)
17. Go and get some cosmic energy at Wawel's chakram
18. Go plane-spotting in Balice
(did this while sitting in the Panorama cafe eating my schabowy sandwich)
19. See the hidden gardens of Krakow monasteries
20. Dance at Feniks
21. Eat breakfast in Kolanko
22. Eat a midnight zapiekanka toast in Kazimierz
(I've had some fairly late ones, but not at midnight though)
23. Drop in for a coffee to Rio
24. Take a swim in Wisla
25. Have a herring in Ambasada Śledzia, preferrably with Mikolaj - great white beard, fishy eyes
26. Buy a worn out rose in a pub from Mario
27. See the Botanical Garden in Spring
(been there, but it was summer, mosquito count a little high in places)
28. Come back home from a pub crawl riding on a water car in the dawning sun
29. Leave Krakow with an obwarzanek in hand
30. Take the party tram
31. Visit Jama Michalika
(been there, done that)
32. Crash the Christmas Fair and have a roast kielbasa from one of the streetfood booths
33. Stand in a line at Prozak 2.0 not knowing what for
34. Fight for a table at Charlotte on a Sunday afternoon
35. Play badminton at Park Jordana in the summer, Have played there during a Yelp picnic.
36. Take part in Critical Water Mass and sail Wisla with anything that's at hand
37. Take a polar bear plunge in Zakrzowek or Bagry lake in winter
38. Eat pierogis at 'U Stachy' in Mikolajska St.
39. See Cocon club at dawn
40. Eat a kebab at a.m. and not throw up
41. Leave a party at dawn and see the city covered in snow
42. Play chess at Wisla boulevard by the Church on the Rock or Jubilat department store
43.Shop at Stary Kleparz market
44. Eat lunch at the Music Academy canteen terrace in Tomasza St.
45. Eat Sicilian ice cream in Slawkowska St.
46.Take a carriage ride 'round the Market Square and feel like a tourist
(done this, I was a tourist at the time and paid 100 zloty for the privilege, it's probably a lot more expensive now)
47. Take a photo of the trumpeter while he's playing the bugle call at St. Mary's church
48. Sneak inside the head statue of Eros Bendato by Igor Mitoraj at the Market Square
49. Make Mickiewicz monument your meeting point
(done this many times)